Case Study: Seabreeze Hotel
The Seabreeze Hotel partners with Allara Learning to gain skilled and job ready staff in Nelson Bay
The Seabreeze Hotel sought to develop a training program that would provide the venue with industry-qualified, job ready employees while creating training and employment opportunities within the Nelson Bay community.
- Employers often experience difficulty finding and recruiting suitable candidates for vacant positions in the Nelson Bay area.
- Participants needed to be trained in a variety of areas across the venue.
- Delivering a nationally recognised SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality while meeting the specific needs of the venue.
Following a selection process by Allara Learning and The Seabreeze Hotel to find suitable candidates, Allara Learning delivered a nationally recognised SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality to upskill local jobseekers.
Participants were also trained in the various service areas of the venue, including housekeeping and accommodation, food and beverage service, the bar, gaming service and the Seabreeze Hotel bottle shop. The program also provided participants with work experience at the Seabreeze Hotel at the conclusion of their training.
“The training I received was very helpful and I loved it… I am so proud of myself… After completing this course, I went on to work experience, part time [employment] and now I am just about to sign a contract for my dream job as a bar manager.”
- The Seabreeze Hotel gained multi-skilled and job ready employees in a number of facilities across the venue.
- Candidates from the program were employed in the bar, accommodation and housekeeping and the Seabreeze Hotel bottle shop.
- After just six months, a candidate from the program has progressed into a management position at the hotel’s bar.
- The Seabreeze Hotel has since committed to running more programs with Allara Learning.
“The benefits of the program allow us to receive potential candidates that we know have got the experience, the relevant training and the relevant knowledge… The staff that we have gained through the program have always been reliable… and as a result they progress into full-time employment.”
Click on the button below to download this case studyDownload case study
Located in Nelson Bay, The Seabreeze Hotel offers a public bar, bistro with outdoor deck, restaurant, a range of accommodation options, entertainment and a drive through bottle shop.
Known for it’s exceptional customer service, relaxed atmosphere and sense of community, the Seabreeze Hotel is a local favourite.