Case Study: The Belvedere
The Belvedere Hotel helps local job seekers in Woody Point, Queensland
Following the success of the JobReady pre-employment program at The Fiddler in Sydney, hotel operator Drinx Group wanted to run a similar program in their Queensland venue, The Belvedere Hotel in Woody Point.
As with the motivation for the program at The Fiddler, Drinx Group believe that it is important for The Belvedere Hotel to give back to their surrounding community by providing training and employment opportunities to local
- Some participants were first time job seekers
- Some participants had little to no industry experience
- Some participants were long-term unemployed
- Participants often lacked confidence going into the program
- Participants needed to be ‘job ready’ at the end of their training
Allara Learning delivered its JobReady pre-employment program at The Belvedere in Woody Point.
Training was delivered on-site at the venue, where participants received a mix of classroom-based and hands-on instruction from one of Allara Learning’s professional trainers and Brisbane’s best bar talents Marco Nunes.
During their training, students learnt a range of fundamental hospitality skills including customer service, workplace healthy and safety, food hygiene and the responsible service of alcohol.
Students also experienced hands-on training where they learnt how to make cocktails, prepare non-alcoholic beverages and table service.
Upon completion of the program, participants received a nationally recognised SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality.
“At The Belvedere we really believe in giving back to the community and this program has helped us do just that. Not only have we provided opportunities for unemployed locals, but we have gained a number of talented new staff members at the venue who are both enthusiastic and great at what they do.”
- The Belvedere is delighted to have had a positive impact on surrounding local communities.
- The Belvedere has gained a number of new staff members through the program so far.
- Students’ self-confidence increased as a result of gaining new skills.
- Students Alan Christopher and Gemma Rollinger were offered employment at the Belvedere Hotel.
- The Belvedere has committed to continuing the JobReady program with more courses set to run in the future.
“The thing I find most rewarding is when owners come to me and say ‘she’s fantastic’ or ‘he’s fantastic’. To see someone that has come to us very unskilled and then later have this amazing feedback from the owner is what it’s all about.”
Click on the button below to download this case studyDownload case study
Situated right at the southern tip of the Redcliffe Peninsula, The Belvedere has been a local favourite since 1901.
Famous for its relaxed atmosphere and prime position overlooking the water, The Belvedere offers locals and visitors great music, fantastic food and jaw-dropping views.
The Belvedere Hotel is owned and operated by Drinx Group.