Case Study: The Fiddler
The Fiddler partners with Allara Learning to upskill local jobseekers and create future hospitality superstars
The Fiddler sought to develop a training program in response to a shortage of skilled workers in the hospitality industry and a high rate of youth unemployment within the local Hills area.
- Participants had little or no industry experience.
- Participants had little or no previous employment experience.
Following a selection process by Allara Learning and The Fiddler to find suitable candidates, Allara Learning delivered a nationally recognised Certificate III qualification in Hospitality to upskill young local jobseekers.
An intensive training program was held over a two week period on site at The Fiddler. Professional trainers from Allara Learning delivered a mix of classroom-based and hands-on instruction to the students. The venue, with its numerous bars and food preparation areas, provided the students with relevant and engaging training within a real working environment. The program also provided participants with work experience at The Fiddler after the training component of the program had concluded.
“I’d absolutely recommend this course to anyone who’s interested in working in the hospitality industry. It’s amazing, it gives you a really good insight into how the hospitality industry works and gives you the confidence to go into a hospitality job.”
- The Fiddler gained skilled local employees while achieving their greater social responsibility goals.
- 100% course completion rate.
- 6 out of 7 students were offered employment with The Fiddler.
- 5 students are progressing with higher-level qualifications under the traineeship model.
- Hotel operator Drinx Group have committed to running two new programs at The Belvedere Hotel in Woody Point, Brisbane in September and The Fiddler in Rouse Hill, Sydney in October.
“It’s great to see that there are community programs out there designed to assist employers in upholding their corporate responsibility and upskilling local job seekers.”
Click on the button below to download this case studyDownload case study
Established in 1862, The Fiddler is a premier Sydney pub offering sophisticated dining and entertainment in the Hills District.
The Fiddler offers communal dining options as well as smaller, more intimate spaces, amongst its sprawling network of bar and dining areas.
The Fiddler also delivers exceptional food, a distinctive beverage menu, and a philosophy of delivering superior service.
Local community support and initiatives are a key part of The Fiddler’s identity.
The Fiddler is a part of Drinx Group. Drinx Group is a hotel operator, with 3 hotels in NSW and QLD.