Case Study: VenuesLive
VenuesLive partners with Allara Learning to upskill local jobseekers and create employment opportunities
VenuesLive sought to develop a hospitality training program that would provide ANZ Stadium with industry-qualified, job ready staff, while creating employment opportunities within the local community.
- Finding skilled hospitality staff with full week availability.
- Developing a customised training program tailored to VenueLive’s business culture.
- Aligning the program with a nationally recognised qualification - SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality.
- Delivering a training program that would provide genuine employment opportunities to local job seekers.
Allara Learning delivered a customised hospitality training program tailored to VenuesLive’s business culture.
Following an interview process, Allara Learning and VenuesLive selected candidates with the values and attributes they believed would be a good fit within the business.
Training was delivered on-site at ANZ Stadium, where participants received a mix of classroom based and hands-on instruction from Allara Learning professional trainers.
Working within the stadium’s bar and food preparation areas, participants learnt how to make coffees, prepare food and beverages and manage stock levels.
In addition to technical skills, participants learnt customer service, communication skills and self management.
The participants’ training provided them with the essential skills to move into employment with VenuesLive.
James Treloar , General Manager Human Resources, VenuesLive
“We have tried hospitality training programs with varying degrees of success. However, there is no doubt by partnering with Allara Learning this has been by far the most successful program. Through the program, we’re not only able to provide training and employment opportunities, but provide opportunities to people who are actually work ready. ”
- VenuesLive gained skilled hospitality staff with full week availability
- 100% of participants completed the course.
- 100% of participants gained their nationally recognised SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality.
- 100% of participants were offered employment at VenuesLive.
- VenuesLive have committed to running future programs with Allara Learning.
George Korkidas , Student
“ I was interested in hospitality for some time, but unsure how to get into it…The program was perfect to expand my skills. Each day was different; I was working with different people, tasks and sections of the venue. The variety of skills you learn through the program can lead you in many different directions within hospitality. ”
Click on the button below to download this case studyDownload case study
VenuesLive is a leading provider of venue management and hospitality services with extensive venue, event and catering management experience.
VenuesLive manages and operates ANZ Stadium, Optus Stadium and the new Western Sydney Stadium (due to open in 2019).
VenuesLive also provides catering services at Sydney Motorsport Park, Sydney Olympic Park (Sports) Venues, WIN Sports & Entertainment Centres and UOW Jubilee Oval.