This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are engaged to manage the work of others or to add value to or review management practices. Their role may be in any industry or organisational setting.
Typically people in these roles will have considerable experience in their respective industries or vocational areas and combine an informed perspective of specific work requirements with their managerial approaches. The qualification requires a sound theoretical knowledge base and managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate own work or the work of a team.
- Manage the organisation of business meetings
- Managing personal and professional development (self-management)
- Manage information and knowledge management systems
- Coordinate and implement customer service strategies
- Learn to develop business documents in line with organisational requirements
- Human resources management
|Qualification Diploma of Leadership and Management|
|National course code BSB51918|
|Accreditation Tactical Training Group|
|Recognition Nationally Recognised Diploma - meets AQF standards (What's this?)|
|Duration Self paced, maximum 2 years|
|Study mode Blended|
Total Units: 12
4 Core Units plus 8 Elective Units
Develop and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
Core Unit | Code: BSBLDR511
Learn and develop the skills and knowledge required to develop and monitor implementation of the operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices within the organisation’s productivity and profitability plans.
Core Unit | Code: BSBMGT517
Learn and develop the skills and knowledge required to lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
Core Unit | Code: BSBLDR502
Learn and develop the skills and knowledge required to lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation.
Core Unit | Code: BSBWOR502
- Customer service
- Financial management
- Information management
- Learning and development
- Work health and safety
- Project management
- Risk management
- Workplace effectiveness
- Human resource management
- Workplace relations
Who is this course for?
This qualification is for individuals who are currently working in a business role and are looking to further their skills and knowledge, or perhaps those looking to enter the business profession and start a new career.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however there are preferred entry pathways for candidates considering this qualification.
Can I get Recognition of Prior Learning? (RPL)
Yes, skills and qualifications you already have may count towards your qualification.
What are the pathways into the qualification?
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or other relevant qualification
with vocational experience but without formal supervision or management qualification.
What are the pathways from the qualification?
This qualification provides a pathway to work in multiple industry sectors as a manager.
What are the outcomes?
This course is accredited under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF), Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a nationally recognised qualification, BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
What are the course requirements?
What you'll need.
You must be at least 16 years old on the date of application. If you are under the age of 18 you will also need an application signed by your parent or guardian.
- Year 10 and a minimum of one year of vocational experience OR
- Completion of a government recognised Certificate II course or higher OR
- Relevant vocational experience
In order to successfully enrol in this course, you must have a level of proficiency in written English, allowing you to engage in the course materials and content and ensuring you can undertake the variety of assessments.
ACT subsidised training
|Apprenticeships (First Year)||$350||$0|
|Apprenticeships (Each subsequent year)||$600||$0|
* Accreditation: Tactical Training Group - RTO 91054
Your investment in skilling your staff through training may also bring with it a number of State and Australian Government financial incentives.
Financial incentives you may be eligible for include:
- Australian Government standard Commencement and Completion Incentives ranging from $750
to over $4,000
- Training award pay rates (if required)
- Exemption or rebates from payroll tax (where applicable)
- Exemption of apprentice’s wages from workers compensation premium calculations (NSW apprentices)
- Extra incentives to assist in the employment of under-represented groups such as
- Apprentices or trainees with a disability, mature age, school-based and Indigenous
- A number of extra incentives which are available for certain areas or qualifications
Note Incentives are dependent on meeting eligibility criteria.
Contact Allara Leaning on 1300 772 724 to discuss your eligibility for incentives.